Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My thoughts

Like I told you guys last night, the insomnia that I have sucks but it gives me a lot of time to think about everything that is going on in my life.
One of the biggest things that I have been spending lots of time thinking about is my future. When I first got injured I was in the mind set that nothing was going to stop me and I was going to get better and be back to doing my job as a Naval Aircrewman. The doctors were telling me that I would be lucky to just be able to walk again. I just had to laugh in their faces. Well, after much thought I have realized that it is no longer safe for me to be a crewman. I hate the fact that it is true but it is. The biggest thing that I have taken into account is my ability to egress the helicopter should anything bad happen. It is rare but accidents do happen. In the rare event that something did happen, all the hardware in my back would just make things ten times worse. I am afraid that I would be paralyzed and it wouldn't allow me to get out of the helicopter. That is a chance that I am not willing to take.
I have decided that I am going to get out and go back to college to do something. I don't know what I am going to study yet, but it will be something good. I just have to keep pushing myself hard in order to open all my options of a job that I can do.

Just remember, the mind is the only thing that will hold you back. Your body can do amazing things, you just can't let your mind get in the way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment