Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Progress

This was from 8 months out of the hospital.


This was from 2 months out of the hospital. I know that it is hard to tell but there is a huge difference for this photo to the first one.

It just goes to show no matter how slow it may be, progress happens when you push yourself. I have worked my ass off in order to get where I am today. I have pushed myself so hard that there have been times that I felt like throwing up because of it. It is all part of your mind. You need to get into the correct mindset in order to reach your goals. The hardest thing to do is not give up when the going gets tough. I have not given up and look where I am today. Just over 8 months ago I couldn't even wiggle my toes. Now I am walking, working out, and pushing myself to my limits. My New Years resolution was to run. I am not going to give up on making that a reality. It is going to take a lot more hard work but it is going to happen. The VA, where I do my therapy, is getting a new machine that I am hoping will help get my body back in the mind set that I can run without my legs collapsing on me. Just have to work as hard as I can. And that is what I am going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment