Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Just one of those days

I don't know what was going on today but I was just having one of those "blah" kind of days. I had to get up earlier than normal this morning to go turn in my PARFQ for the upcoming PFA. For those that aren't hip to the Navy acronyms a PARFQ is a paper that is basically telling your command that you can or can't do the PFA, or Physical Fitness Assessment. The Navies way of saying that you are in good enough shape to do your job.
On a side note, I think the Navy PFA is a bunch of crap. I have seen a few people complete the PFA that I don't think meet the standards to stay in the military. Yet if they can complete the push-ups, sit-ups and mile and a half run they are good to go for another quarter. I think it is a bunch of crap, but thats just me.
Back to my day, after turning in my paperwork I headed to the gym. I wasn't really feeling like working out but I know that the only way that I am able to get better is to go to the gym and work my ass off so that I can continue to improve. You don't improve from just sitting around at home and paying video games. (I do play video games but I still get off my lazy ass and workout) Then I hung out with a friend for a bit before coming home. I just wasn't feeling like I had any energy at all to I took a nap. That felt good and now I am up and about. I hope that I can sleep later tonight.
I will throw another blog on here that talks about my life and what I have been through right after this actually. So keep on reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment