Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Going Out

I find that unless I am working out in the VA gym, I always wear a tank top. I realize that I do this because it makes people understand why I am struggling.
I have been to the gym, after I was in my accident, in a regular t-shirt and I kept getting odd looks from people because I was struggling with light wights. Now I couldn't care less what the people are thinking about me I just don't like to be stared at. If I have a tank top on, people can see the scars on my shoulder and it helps them understand why I am struggling with lifting lighter weights.
I can't really show off my spinal scar because they for me to wear a shirt while I am lifting weights. If I didn't have to, I wouldn't.
I have all of these weird thoughts that run through my head on a daily basis. Maybe I will start putting them down on the blog and just see what everyone says about them. It is okay to write comments on what I say.

Just always remember it doesn't matter what other people are thinking. You are working hard to better yourself and that is all that matters. Peoples opinions or dirty looks should never stop you from giving you all at everything that you do. Work hard and give all the onlookers something to strive for. Yes, you might be stuck in a wheel chair but that should never stop you from setting an example of greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment