Monday, March 31, 2014

Push too hard?

I have pushed myself harder and harder each day but sometimes I push too hard.
I was at therapy/gym today and was working chest and tri's. Everything was going fine During my chest workout. Maybe a nit weaker than normal but still a good workout. Then I tried to workout my triceps. I started to do tricep push down with the rope and hurt my shoulder. From talking with the awesome therapists it turns out I shouldn't be doing chest fly's on the machine. We have compromised and I am still allowed to do them while laying flat on a bench but doing the sitting fly machine I am not allowed.
Still a good compromise because I can work out the same muscles without hurting my shoulder. I took their advice and took some ibuprofen to stop any swelling and and icing my shoulder. The pain when away at the end of my therapy time but came back as I have been using my shoulders.
Long story short, you can push yourself as hard as you can but don't push yourself to injury. I am going to keep pushing myself I just need to make sure that I don't go too far. I am going to research other workouts to make sure that I am doing correct workouts that won't hurt. At some point I will be able to get passed all of this. It is going to take me a long time but I WILL get those muscles that are lacking back.

Training is about you vs. yourself. Push to new limits and create the parson you want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment