Thursday, March 27, 2014

Push my legs

Well, the dead lifts didn't go as well as I had hopped today. I was doing alright but my form wasn't as good as it should have been and my legs are still very weak. I was only able to lift 65 pounds. I took video of myself on my phone to make sure that I can see my technique and correct anything I thought I was doing wrong. I tried my absolute best to keep my back strait but it didn't work out that well. I need to strengthen my back a lot more before I do those again.
Its crazy, I have made HUGE progress but it never seems enough. I have pushed my body as hard as I possibly can but I am never satisfied. I see that as a good thing because it helps motivate myself and keep me pushing more and more. If there is anyone out there that needs the motivation please just let me know. I am here to help you in any way that I can.
People don't understand the hardships that people with SCI go through every day and it frustrates me but also just makes me laugh. The ignorance of some people is astonishing. Some people are so set in their ways they don't care to find out a back story. I know that while I was working out there were people looking at me wondering why I was struggling with such light weights. I have one thing to say about that; try to to be concerned with the lives of others and just worry about yourself.

If you can't motivate yourself then find someone or something to motivate you. Dont just give up because you are having a hard time. Push yourself towards greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment