Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Hmmmm....

This blog thing is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I don't want to bore everyone with my daily activities but trying to find legitimate things to talk about is proving harder than expected. One thing that I really didn't want to make a big deal about was the the tenth was my one year anniversary of my motorcycle accident.
The only reason that I am writing about it now is because I do need to address it. To me, it was just another day. I honestly had forgotten that it was on the tenth until I was talking with my sister and it was brought up. Thats how little the day really does mean to me. I am not worried about something happening on that day or being jinxed by the tenth of July. Nothing like that really matters. I know that there were a few people that didn't realize it until my mom posted something about it on Facebook. I got a few text messages saying that the person was glad that I am doing well and good job but to me, it really isn't anything to celebrate.
I am still here and I am not going to let something small like the motorcycle accident stop me from living up to my full potential. I have worked so damn hard to get where I am and will continue to bust my ass, well, forever. I will never be satisfied with just settling for where I am. I am still being held back by my injuries and until that is no longer a factor I will continue to find different ways to try to heal myself and get back to where I was before. It is true, I know that some things will never be the same. Mainly my shoulder and the nerve damage that was caused. But I can still push myself to improve.
Everyone tells me that I will continue to make improvements and my nerves will very minutely heal for up to two years after my accident. What do I think about that? Crap. I will not stop just because time has passed. I will not give up on becoming what I want to be just because science has proven this or that. The doctors told me that there was a good chance that I would never walk again. So much for that science right?
All in all a year has come and gone and I don't care. I am not going to let something as silly as that stop me from doing what I want to do and being all that I truly can be.

The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be. - Ralph Waldo Emerson



No comments:

Post a Comment