Monday, March 30, 2015

Vacation!

Well, I am up here in Aspen, Colorado. This place is beautiful! I am here for the Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic. There are about 500 veterans and their loved ones. It is a great week of learning to ski or snowboard, along with other alternate activities. I am going to be snowboarding later today. I think I am going to pack a pillow in my pants so I don't bruise my butt too bad. Should be an awesome learning experience. Today is just learning, and I will be going out again on Wednesday and Friday. I think those days I will bring my GoPro and try to get my wipeouts on video! Funny stuff I know.
On Tuesday I am going to be going snowmobiling. Ill bring my GoPro then too!! I think that is going to be soon much fun! On Thursday I am going to the hot springs here in Aspen, or at least near Aspen. The only problem with that is I forgot to bring my swimsuit. Ill have to stop at one of the shops and pick one up.
The sports clinic has been awesome so far and it is just getting started today. The weekend has been time to check in and get settles in and ready to go. All the events start today for everyone.
One of the few things that could make this week better would be if it was colder here. I know that sounds crazy but its about 60 degrees this week. I would rather have it colder and maybe snowing a bit. That would make it way more fun! The other would be if I had someone here with me. I am, of course, making plenty of friends out here. But I would like to have brought my own friend to be here with me and spend the time here also. Oh well, maybe next year I can do that. Time to have some snowboarding fun today!

The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success. ~Bruce Feirstein


No comments:

Post a Comment