Thursday, February 27, 2014

Dreams

I have to say, I wish dreams were reality. If that were the case I would be the happiest guy on earth. Not just because I would be rich, have all the cars/truck/jeeps I want, have an incredible house with the best garage ever, but I would be okay.
I have this recurring dream that I am running. It is always in a different place, but I am running. Sometimes it is a little weird, one time I was running on some weird path that was in space, wrapped around some random station. It happens the same every time; I am still injured but I can run at least. I have a bit of a limp in every dream I have had, and I am a bit off balance but again, I am running! I run to push myself because I know the only way that I can get better is to push.
I hate running! Before my accident I would do ANYTHING but run. Swim, elliptical, stationary bike, spin bike, you name it I would try it. But now that I am not able to run, that is all I want to do. I know in my mind I still hate it but it is one of those things; one of those things that you can't stand not doing because of the reason. If it was any other reason I wouldn't care. If there was no place to run, it was too dangerous to run, whatever. I would be okay with those reasons. Not being physically able to run is one reason that I cannot deal with.
I am able to swim! I can do a fully American crawl. The first time I got into the pool after my accident I was no where near being able to swim. That was worse than running because swimming is my sport! After many painful hours of working out and therapy I am able to swim again. I know it will be the same for running. I WILL be able to do it again because I will push myself until I achieve my goal. But in the mean time, it is going to drive me insane.

Push yourself like there is no tomorrow. Push yourself to your goal. Strive for excellence and you will achieve excellence. Persevere

No comments:

Post a Comment