Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wearing a brace

For the last few days I have been wearing a brace on my left leg called an AFO, or Ankle Foot Orthosis. It is supposed to help with my plantar faciitis. So far it seems to be helping with my walking gate. I tried to "run" with it on and it just made me bounce too much. It does help my walking though.
The only thing that I don't like about it is it makes me feel silly when I am wearing shorts. Again, just like everything else, I know it is something silly to be worried about. But to me I don't like the fact that I am TEMPORARILY handicapped. It is taking forever for me to recover to where I want to be. I don't know if I will ever actually be to where I want. Oh well, just the fact that I can move around and walk is what I am happy about.

Failure defeats losers but INSPIRES winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment