Wednesday, July 11, 2018

School is stupid

So, as you know I am in school for nutrition. Something that I am passionate about and am really looking forward to learning more of. What I hate is all of this stupid general education that I will NEVER use again! These classes are the stupidest things that are only being forced on us to make us spend more money.

The second half of summer I am taking Buddhism and the history of Islam. Why the hell do I ever need to know this stuff if I am going into nutrition. Why do I care how the Quran was created when I want to help people with their workouts and eating habits?

The only reason that I am in school right now is because I have the GI bill that is paying for it. If I had to pay for it myself I would not go because I can get the same information, if not more, by doing my own learning. What I want to do is basically a trade job. I could go to a trade school to learn this stuff with minimal bills and then turn it into a successful career.

My best friend is from Austria and she was telling me that her schooling has nothing to do with general education. She has 3 degrees that took her the same amount of time that it would take to get one degree here in the states. Something need to be changed with this crap.

Okay, rant over. I hope everyone has a great week!!

“The Way Get Started Is To Quit Talking And Begin Doing.” – Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment